This shows the new government driveway still under construction as it followed the canal from downtown towards Lansdowne Park. In the area just south of the Pretoria Bridge, the Ottawa Improvement Commission met up with a challenge: the southern end of Elgin Street. They hadn’t quite worked out what to do at this point in 1902. The start of Patterson Avenue can be seen on the right side of the image.
This is courtesy of the NCC Library.